Rosicrucian December, 2001
We are associated with The
Rosicrucian Fellowship, Oceanside - California
„The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel which means, “God with us”.
I may, of course, be wrong about this, as I am judging by my own experience, but I have been striving after contemplation for twenty years. Thou knowest, my Good, that if there is anything good in me it comes from no other hands than Thine own.
Teresa of Avila
A Rosicrucian international Meeting will take place in August 2002 in Spain. The exact place and conditions will be published as soon as we get the information.
Excerpts from Letters to Students page 65, Questions and Answers Vol. II page 275-276, The web of destiny page 72-73, by Max Heindel:
The sounding of the bell when the candle is lit upon the altar was inaugurated by spiritually illumined seers to teach the cosmic unity of light and sound. The metal tongue of the bell brings Christ’s mystic message to mankind as clearly today as when He first enunciated the graceful invitation: “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Thus the bell is a symbol of Christ, “The Word,” when it calls us from work to worship before the illuminated altar where He meets us as “The Light of the World.”
As time goes on and the Christ by His beneficent ministrations attracts more and more of the interplanetary ether to the earth, thus making its vital body more luminous, we shall be walking in a sea of light, and when we learn to forsake our ways of selfishness and egotism through the constant contact with these beneficent Christ vibrations, we also shall become luminous.
This is a story of divine love and perpetual sacrifice that fills him with devotion to the cosmic Christ, who is born periodically in order that we may live and have an opportunity to evolve in this environment for he understands from that viewpoint that without such recurring annual sacrifice, this earth and its present conditions of advancement would be an impossibility.
At the time when the Sun is in the celestial sign of Virgo (the Virgin) the Immaculate Conception takes place. A wave of solar Christ light and life is focused upon the earth. Gradually this light penetrates deeper into the earth, until the turning point is reached on the longest and the darkest night of the year, which we call Christmas. This is the mystic birth of a cosmic life-impulse which impregnates and fertilizes the earth. It is the basis of all terrestial life. Without it no seed would germinate, no flower would appear upon the face of the earth, neither man nor beast could exist, and life would soon become extinct. Therefore, there is a very, very valid reason for the joy that is felt at Christmas time. As the divine Author of our being, our Father in heaven, has given the greatest of all gifts to man, the Son, so men also are impelled to give gifts to one onother.
There reigns upon earth joy, good will, and peace, no matter whether man understands the mystic and annually recurrent reasons therefore.
Mt. Ecclesia , Oceanside, CA, USA
What Is Truth?
AGAIN the twelve were gathered together in the Circle of palm trees, and one of
them even Thomas said to the other, What is Truth? for the same things appear
different to different minds, and even to the same mind at different times.
What, then, is Truth?
2. And as they were speaking Jesus appeared in their midst and said, Truth, one and absolute, is in God alone, for no man, neither any body of men, knoweth that which God alone knoweth, who is the All in All.. To men is Truth revealed, according to their capacity to understand and receive.
3. The One Truth hath many sides, and one seeth one side only, another seeth another, and some see more than others, according as it is given to them.
4. Behold this crystal: how the one light its manifest in twelve faces, yea four times twelve, and each face reflecteth one ray of light, and one regardeth one face, and another another, but it is the one crystal and the one light that shineth in all.
5. Behold again, When one climbeth a mountain and attaining one height, he saith, This is the top of the mountain, let us reach it, and when they have reached that height, lo, they see another beyond it until they come to that height from which no other height is to be seen, if so be they can attain it.
6. So it is with Truth. I am the Truth and the Way and the Life, and have given to you the Truth I have received from above. And that which is seen and received by one, is not seen and received by another. That which appeareth true to some, seemeth not true to others. They who are in the valley see not as they who are on the hill top.
7. But to each, it is the Truth as the one mind seeth it, and for that time, till a higher Truth shall be revealed unto the same: and to the soul which receiveth higher light, shall be given more light. Wherefore condemn not others, that ye be not condemned.
8. As ye keep the holy Law of Love, which I have given unto you, so shall the Truth be revealed more and more unto you, and the Spirit of Truth which cometh from above shall guide you, albeit through many wanderings, into all Truth, even as the fiery cloud guided the children of Israel through the wilderness.
9. Be faithful to the light ye have, till a higher light is given to you. Seek more light, and ye shall have abundantly; rest not, till ye find.
10. God giveth you all Truth, as a ladder with many steps, for the salvation and perfection of the soul, and the truth which seemeth to day, ye will abandon for the higher truth of the morrow. Press ye unto Perfection.
11. Whoso keepeth the holy Law which I have given, the same shall save their souls, however differently they may see the truths which I have given.
12. Many shall say unto me, Lord, Lord, we have been zealous for thy Truth. But I shall say unto them, Nay, but, that others may see as ye see, and none other truth beside. Faith without charity is dead. Love is the fulfilling of the Law.
13. How shall faith in what they receive profit them that hold it in unrighteousness? They who have love have all things, and without love there is nothing worth. Let each hold what they see to be the truth in love, knowing that where love is not, truth is a dead letter and profiteth nothing.
14. There abide Goodness, and Truth, and Beauty, but the greatest of these is Goodness. If any have hatred to their fellows, and harden their hearts to the creatures of God’s hands, how can they see Truth unto salvation, seeing their eyes are blinded and their hearts are hardened to God’s creation?
15. As I have reveived the Truth, so have I given it to you. Let each receive it according to their light and ability to understand, and persecute not those who receive it after a different interpretation.
16. For Truth is the Might of God, and it shall prevail in the end over all errors. But the holy Law which I have given is plain for all, and just and good. Let all observe it for the salvation of their souls.
The mind becomes that which it contemplates.
Percy Bysshe Shelley
It is vain that you in search of knowledge roam and drift, each only learns what learn he can; yet he who grasps the moment’s gift, he is your proper man.
Wolfgang von Goethe
Fire is to be put for the destroyer of every sophistry and the revealer and demonstrator of truth, because it is light, the banisher of darkness which is the concealer of all essential things.
Leonardo Da Vinci
Man is like a rose bud
he has many thorns
but also many petals
often he hurts himself and others
although he can shine in the most magnificent colours
and spread his sweet fragrance
so that he will be a present for his environment
with all his might he should take
his nourishment from his roots
and direct it into his rose bud
with it his petals will begin
slowly to develop and to open
his aim should be a place in the sun
so that he will glance at eternal light
drop his thorns and make known his inner being
then, only then, he will be a perfect white rose
that spreads brilliance and light
and contributes as a blessing for mankind.
Love is not love
which alters when it alteration finds,
or bends with the remover to remove,
o no, it is an ever fixed mark
that looks on tempests and is never shaken.
Our address for your suggestions/ articles etc. is:
Back to Rosicrucian Newsletters Archives